Company’s Coming New York Steak
As you may know, I am auditioning for a co-host spot with Paula Deen and Philadelphia Cream Cheese @ RWOP! Here is my entree video that I made for Paula Deen. This would also be a terrific meal for those Dads on Father’s day!
I pulled out all the stops because this ones for Paula Deen! Grilled New York steak, topped with a creamy tangy Philadelphia Cream Cheese sauce, sauteed mushrooms, onions, and melted Swiss cheese. Your guest will feel like they are eating at a five star steak house. A special meal for an extra special guest. It will be our little secret that this quality meal came together in less then an hour.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 13 minutes
- Total time: 28 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 8 ounce(s) of Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Medium to Large Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pound(s) of Beef New York Strip Steak
- 2 tsp. of Meat Tenderizer Unseasoned
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Slices Kraft Extra Thin Swiss Cheese
- Preheat grill turning heat on high.
- Slice your onion into thin strips.
- Place mushrooms, onion slices, and olive oil in a saute pan (I used a cast iron enameled skillet), over medium heat and saute, stirring occasionally, until onions are somewhat translucent in color and tender. Depending on how tender you like your veggies this will take about 10 minutes.
- While veggies get tender, you can prepare beef for grilling by sprinkling both sides of meat with a little ground black pepper and meat tenderizer. Do not salt since tenderizer has lots of salt in it.
- Using a fork, pierce meat several times to help tenderize on both sides. You can also use the bumpy side of a meat mallet to tenderize meat by pounding it on both sides several times.
- Spray both sides of beef with a non stick butter or olive oil flavored spray. This will ensure great grill marks.
- When grill is nice and hot (around 450 f degrees), place steaks on it. Close lid and let cook for 4 minutes on one side (more or less time depending on how you like your steaks done and how thick a cut of meat you have). I like them to have just a little pink left in middle. Flip only once to cook other side, close lid. If steaks start to burn move to indirect heat to complete cooking process. For food safety you should reach an internal temperature of 160 F degrees for beef.
- While steaks cook you can make the sauce that will go in with your sauteed veggies. To veggies add a pinch or two of ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Balsamic vinegar, and cream cheese. Continue heating and stirring until you have a nice creamy sauce. You can salt to taste if needed.
- When steaks are done to your liking, remove from grill and place on a cookie sheet lined with foil that has been sprayed with your non stick butter or olive oil flavored spray.
- Top steaks with your cream cheese sauteed mushroom and onion sauce.
- Top each steak with a thin slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place under broiler for one minute or just long enough to melt cheese on top of steak and veggies.
- If you can control yourself, you can let steaks rest at room temperature covered with foil, for about 5 minutes before slicing in. Optional, garnish plate with fresh herbs
This post is linked to: