This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
So get in your kitchen with your star players, Avocados from Mexico, and make some guacamole magic. Then make sure to take a pic of your guacamole (before the family devours it) and share it and your recipe at Avocados from Mexico Guac Off Recipe Contest. Now just by doing that, you will be entered into the bonus sweepstake for the $100 grocery gift card, with 10 winners. Then it will be up to the judges to pick 10 finalist to be featured on their Facebook page. The three categories for grand prize winners are Most popular, Best Recipe, and Most Creative. These three will receive the iPad 2 and autographed cookbook! Most popular will be determined by Facebook votes, so make sure to share your recipe with friends, coworkers, and family. Most creative will be determined by Avocados from Mexico judges, and best Recipe will be selected by Roberto Santibanez himself.
So don’t wait, make sure to visit the Avocados from Mexico on Facebook now and through January 15th. The contest will end on January 20th, 2012. Here is my recipe entry for my Zesty Bacon Guacamole:
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 2 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes|
- Servings: 8
- 4 Avocados from Mexico
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Sandwich Shop Chipotle Flavored Reduced Fat Mayo
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp of Hot Sauce, more or less to taste
- 13 ounce(s) or 1 Large bag of Tortilla Chips
- 3 Slices of Fully Cooked Crispy Bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup(s) of Grape Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbs of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- I placed fully cooked bacon in microwave for 2 minutes, following package directions for getting it extra crispy. Chop with a knife, or crumble with hands when it is cool to the touch, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add your avocado, cream cheese, hot sauce, juice of one lime, and mayo. Mash and stir to combine ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in serving dish.
Top with crumbled bacon, quarter sliced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and some fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.