I am so pleased to be able to do a guest post here for you here on Bacon Time.
This DIY project kind of grew organically as I went along. I started from this standpoint: I wanted to make a new android case and I had lots of odds and ends of fabrics around the house. I also had a little hankering to do some weaving – I’m not sure where that came from.
So, this is what I made and how I made it:
You will need: Felt, ribbon, scissors, a sewing kit, all purpose adhesive glue.
1. Measure up your piece of felt against your android gadget.
2. Pin in place at each corner.
3. Sew along the far edges on each side with a matching (pretty much invisible thread).
4. Cut some strips of pretty ribbon and arrange into a nice weaved pattern.
5. Glue these in place and leave to dry for at least an hour. (Oh, and glue on ribbon scraps to the back of your felt if you fancy it – I did!!)
6. Carefully sew into the inside flaps your weaved centerpiece panel.
7. Sew along the bottom edge of the felt also, securing everything in place. You might also want to add in some extra glue along the edges of the ribbon and felt, just to be extra secure.
TA-DA!! A lovely android case to keep it safe from harm!!